Sunday, September 6, 2009

My new recipe blog!

So, I have been thinking of doing a recipe blog for a while, but really just never got around to it. But tonight I finally decided to after finding some great recipes. Usually I just put all of the recipes I find on the internet into my Favorites on my computer-- but this is a great way of sharing them with you!

Disclaimer-- Not all recipes are my own creations as I do pull them off of websites! Please don't sue me :)

Ok... what will be my first???

Are we in the mood for savory or sweets?

Well here is one of each!

One of my new favorites is this meatball recipe that I saw on Big Mama's blog.

1 pound ground beef
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce or homemade if you’re into that sort of thing
1 package of french bread sandwich rolls
Sliced mozzarella cheese
butter

In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef with the next 7 ingredients. Roll into meatballs approximately 3 inches or so in diameter and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees and then turn them and cook another five minutes.

Pour sauce into large pot on the stove. Add meatballs. Let simmer for about 30 minutes to 1 hour for extra flavor.

Place the sandwich rolls open and face up on a cookie sheet. Spread each one with plenty of butter. Broil them in the oven until they are slightly (SLIGHTLY) brown and then pull them out and cover them with as many mozzarella cheese slices as you feel are appropriate. (No one will judge you for superfluous mozzarella cheese) Place them back in the oven and broil them until the cheese is melted.

Slice the meatballs in half and place on the sandwich. You’ll use about 2 meatballs per sandwich. Pour a little bit of the sauce over the meatballs, close up your sandwich and eat until you’re slightly sick.

I didn't make the sandwhiches, instead just doing spaghetti. But they were awesome! I am definitely planning on making the subs next time tho.

And now... for the sweets! :)

My ALL-TIME favorite cookie.

I love this cookie. It is almost a cross between a cookie, cake, and brownie. Not kidding. And these are actually a replica recipe from the ones that the Levain Bakery did on the show Throwdown with Bobby Flay.




Here's the recipe:

8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
3 1/4 to 3 1/2 cups AP flour
3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 to 1/2 tsp baking soda
12 ounces (2 cups) good quality semisweet chocolate chips (I used half semisweet and half milk chocolate)

Cream the butter and sugars together with a mixer. Add the eggs one at a time.

Mix the dry ingredients together. Slowly add them in to the sugar/butter/egg mixture. Then fold in the chocolate chips.

These cookies are made to be big, but I don't do them as big as the original recipe. 4 ozs is enough for me.

Bake at 375 degrees for about 18 minutes. The cookies should be a light golden brown. I usually take them out of the oven and let them set for a few minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.

Super, super good! I usually cannot wait until they cool to eat one!

I will be back later on (probably tomorrow) with another recipe. :)

2 comments: