Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Jalapeno Popper Dip

YES! I said Jalapeno Popper Dip! I am so excited about this recipe! I love and Robert LOVES when I make jalapeno poppers. Well now there is a dip!

It is from the Rachael Ray Show, and here is the recipe.

Ingredients
8 jalapeños, halved and seeded
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
2 8-ounce blocks cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup crushed tortilla chips
Assorted dippers - veggis, chips, pretzels, whatever you like-- I WANT MORE CHIPS! :)

Yields: 6-8 servings as a snack
Preparation
Preheat a broiler or grill to medium-high.
Toss the jalapeño halves with the EVOO and roast under the broiler or char on the grill until softened and blackened, about 3 minutes per side.
Turn the oven to 400ºF. Let the peppers cool enough to handle them, then chop them up.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, half of the cheddar and all of the chopped roasted peppers. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and top with the remaining shredded cheese and crushed chips. Bake the dip until golden brown and bubbly, 15-18 minutes.
Serve with assorted dippers alongside.

I usually use a Monterrey jack cheese when making mine, so I might stick with that or try the mexican blend cheese. Anyway, I am trying this SOON! Won't be so bad if I do low fat ingredients, right? ;)

1 comment: